Improving your home is just another part of being a homeowner, whether you’re doing extensive renovations, light remodeling projects, or regular maintenance and upkeep. Spring is one of the best times of the year for improving the home, and one of the busiest seasons for us at C. Michael Exteriors.
Upgrades are another important aspect of home improvement for those hoping to retain or maximize the value of their property. As the years pass, your surroundings can be in disrepair or become outdated. In other cases, you may just be tired of feeling uninspired and unimpressed with a specific room.
One of the first rooms that homeowners tend to focus on improving, especially over the spring season, is the bathroom. After a long winter of water exposure and heavy daily use, the bathroom can look pretty dingy and outdated—especially if it’s been a long time since it was last updated. If you’re considering upgrading your bathroom, take a look at some of the most popular Syracuse bathroom remodeling ideas that we saw over the spring season this year to find inspiration for your next project.
Designs for any Bathroom
Bathrooms come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and textures. The choices you have for designing your bathroom space can seem overwhelming, which is why it’s useful to consult with an interior design specialist to help you decide on the best and most stylish theme for your budget.
This spring season, we’ve seen a few trends push their way to the top of the list of ideas for the bathroom remodeling. Here are some of the best ideas we’ve seen in bathroom design worth mentioning for their simplicity, affordability, and style.
- Floating Vanities: Recently, the concept of floating vanities has exploded in popularity. When they were first introduced, they were considered too modern, minimalist, and lacking in design. Thanks to advancements in design and material options, this is one excellent choice for your next remodeling project. Floating vanities are easy to clean under and blend seamlessly into the walls, thereby optimizing your space.
- Floor-to-Ceiling: In keeping with the seamless approach, many homeowners are turning to floor-to-ceiling shower glass enclosures. This approach works in any size bathroom due to its visual appearance. Nothing makes a bathroom seem smaller than blocky opaque shower walls. With glass, you can look right through making your bathroom space feel larger than it is.
- Long and Skinny Tile Designs: Tiles aren’t going away. They have been a popular option for years, and for a good reason. They offer a striking visual design for your walls and don’t take up any space making it a win-win. The current trend is to go long and skinny with your tile choice for a fresh take on this longstanding design choice.
- Marble Artistry: If there is one design trend that is picking up steam, it’s the use of marble. Marble counters, marble walls, and even marble décor. Marble comes in various colors, styles, and presentations—and can be used in numerous ways. Some homeowners actually choose to put in marble art such as a small sculpture to provide a visual focal point in the bathroom. This is a solid design choice, but if you want to go next level, then consider getting marble for your walls that has a striking visual pattern.
- Polished Nickel: If there’s one thing that is overlooked yet striking when done right, it’s the fixtures. Everything from your faucets and doorknobs to overhead lights and shower bars can shine when you choose the right material. Traditionally, metals like brass and chrome have been the dominant choice. However, a new finish has taken the lead, and it’s a polished nickel. This option packs a warmer tone than chrome while blending in a little better than brass. If you want a polished look that has an impact, then this is one design option you don’t want to pass on.
Your New Bathroom with C. Michael Exteriors Inc.
The bathroom is one of the most used and visible rooms in the home. At C. Michael Exteriors Inc., our goal is to transform your bathroom into one that matches your style and needs. We strive to perfectly blend design and function for a stunningly beautiful result, which is what makes us your Syracuse bathroom remodeler.
Our customers know that they benefit from the expertise of our in-house professionals for a number of bathroom remodeling solutions that include:
- Replacement Showers
- Replacement Tubs
- Bathroom Conversions
- Walk-In Tubs
- And more
For more information on the services, we provide at C. Michael Exteriors, feel free to give us a call to speak to our team over the phone. If you’re interested in getting started with your home remodeling project right away, fill out our online form to schedule a free, no-obligation pricing estimate and design consultation with a team member.
Subscribe to C. Michael Exteriors's Blog