Window replacement can be a big job, but it's worth it to have new windows in your home. The question is, when is the best time of year to replace them? There are several factors you need to consider before making a decision. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of window replacement at different times of year as well as what is the best time of the year to replace your vinyl windows.
The Seasons Of Window Replacement
Window replacement tends to happen throughout all four seasons of the year. Many people simply require a replacement during different seasons. Whether they need a replacement in winter or summer, there are both pros and cons to each season. Although, there is a best season for window replacement since it’s pros outweigh the cons. Below are the four times of the year that people get their windows replaced, as well as their respective benefits and cons.
Replacing Your Windows In The Winter
- You'll have plenty of time to choose a window replacement company and schedule the job since not many people will be replacing their windows around this time.
- The weather will be colder, so you won't have to worry about dealing with heat or humidity while the windows are being replaced.
- The weather can vary such as cold conditions turning to icy conditions, which could cause delays in the window installation process.
- If there is a lot of snow on the ground, it may be difficult for the window replacement contractor to get the new windows into your home.
Replacing Your Windows In The Spring
- The weather is usually milder, so you won't have to deal with extreme temperatures like during the winter and summer.
- There's usually more availability for window replacement companies in the spring.
- There's usually more competition for window installers in the spring since summer is quickly approaching, so you may be able to get a better deal.
- The weather can be unpredictable, which could cause delays in the installation process.
- If there is a lot of rain or pollen in the air, it could damage your new windows.
Replacing Your Windows In The Summer
- The weather is hot and humid, so you won't have to worry about dealing with cool or brisk air entering your home while the windows are being replaced.
- Longer hours with sunlight makes it more optimal for window installers to go ahead and replace your windows
- Summer is the busiest time of the year for window replace, so you may have a hard time scheduling an appointment for your desired time frame.
- Just like in spring, if there is a lot of rain or pollen in the air, it could damage your new windows.
- You may have to deal with construction noise while the windows are being replaced since the summer is prime construction time.
Replacing Your Windows In The Fall
- The weather is usually milder and a bit on the cooler side so you likely won’t have to deal with more extreme temperatures.
- With winter just around the corner, you should look into replacing your windows during the fall especially if you notice moisture developing as it can lead to mold.
- The weather can be unpredictable, which could cause delays in the installation process. One day may be nice and cool, and the next, it might start to feel like winter.
- If there is a lot of rain or leaves in the air, it could damage your new windows.
- Window installations may increase in preparation for the winter which may limit your chances of scheduling a window replacement.
What’s The Best Season To Replace Your Windows?
So, when is the best time of year to replace your windows? Many people think that fall is the best time, since the weather is cooler and you won't have to deal with the heat or humidity outside. However, we believe that spring is actually the best time of year for window replacement! Here's why:
The weather is more mild in the spring, which makes it easier for window installers to do their job. They won't have to deal with extreme heat or cold, and they'll be able to work more efficiently.
There are also typically more window replacement companies available in the spring. This means that you'll have a greater selection to choose from, and you're more likely to find a company that offers a good price.
Reach Out To C. Michael Exteriors For Your Vinyl Window Needs
So if you're thinking about replacing your windows, spring is the best time of year to do it! You'll get better service from window installers and you'll have more window companies to choose from.
We take pride in the quality of our vinyl window services here at C. Michael Exteriors. Whether you are looking for a replacement, or want new ones installed, C. Michael Exteriors is on-hand and ready to help!
Subscribe to C. Michael Exteriors's Blog